A collection of the best psychological thrillers of all time. It’s a pain to find good movies and the first thing I personally search for when I’m looking for movies to watch is something which would make me flip my shit. Therefore, I decided to list down my favourite mindfuck movies which will grip the
A collection of the best psychological thrillers of all time.
It’s a pain to find good movies and the first thing I personally search for when I’m looking for movies to watch is something which would make me flip my shit. Therefore, I decided to list down my favourite mindfuck movies which will grip the viewers till the end. These plots will mess with your minds; stories will reveal an alternate reality, and things are seldom what they seem. These movies will surely shake your beliefs about what is real and what is not. So if you like watching Disney Channel or something of that sort, this blog isn’t meant for you.
1) The Shawshank Redemption (1994) starring Tim Robbins and Morgan Freeman is a masterpiece. If you haven’t seen this movie, the only plausible reason is that you’re not from this world, but to be honest neither is the movie.
It’s hailed as one of the best movies of all times and just to hear Morgan Freeman narrating will send chills down your spine. It’s about this man who is sent to prison for a crime he didn’t commit. I wouldn’t want to spoil it for you, just go watch it.
2) Shutter Island (2010) stars Leonardo DiCaprio with Mark Ruffalo and is directed by master of thrillers- Martin Scorsese. A story in a mental asylum housing the most psychotic criminals, this movie will surely scare and surprise you and will give you the ‘I didn’t see that coming’ feeling.
3) Donnie Darko (2001) is a freaky movie. That’s all I can say about it. It stars Jake Gyllenhaal as a strange boy who sees/ dreams about a scary looking rabbit during the day and at night along with of course other things.
4) Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (1998) is to explain in simple words, a psychedelic drug trip. It stars Johnny Depp and Benicio Del Torro on dazed journey through Las Vegas and contains every form of drug you can possibly think of.
5) Mr. Nobody (2009) is directed by Jaco Van Dormael and shows Jared Leto as the last mortal human being on earth in 2092. On his deathbed, he reconsiders all possibilities and alternate choices he could’ve made during his life and what consequences would they have.
6) Enter the Void (2009) is one giant DMT trip. It shows how the user can have an out of body experience on the mind altering drug. When he is killed by the police when he is tripping, his spirit journeys from past to present to future. It’s absolutely insane.
7) Requiem for a dream (2000) is a dual reality film which stars Jared Leto. The movie shows the disturbing and agonizing use of heroin and how humans in order to realise their dreams, sometimes cross all paths of insanity.
8) Fight Club (1999) is truly a classic. Directed by David Fincher, the film shows an insomniac, played by Edward Norton and how he starts an underground fight club with a soap salesman, played by Brad Pitt. It has a very sinister ending and shows the true frustration faced by white-collared people.
9) 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968) is a science fiction movie which shows the ultimate battle between man and computer. It shows how a group of astronauts, who are sent on a mission, get involved with AI.
10) Eternal Sunshine for the Spotless Mind (2006) is of a very different genre. It’s a romantic science fiction movie which shows a relationship between two people who have no clue that they were already in a relationship before they had their memories clinically wiped out, since they couldn’t stand each other.
By Abhishek Aggarwal