Homemade lip balm is so simple to make that it takes just minutes to make multiple jars. Homemade lip balm is also super versatile, as it can be used for both lotion or face moisturizer when times are desperate or you’re just really into multi-purpose DIYs. Either way, it works!
Homemade lip balm also makes the perfect gift, leaving family quite impressed at your ability to create homemade products.
We are here with few simple steps to make the peppermint lip balm at home.
- 4 tablespoons white beeswax pellets
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 6 tablespoons sweet almond oil
- 6 to 10 drops peppermint essential oil
Other Materials required for lip balm preparation
- 25+ lip gloss containers
- Pint-sized mason jar
- Jar lifter
- Pot of boiling water
- A disposable chopstick for stirring the gloss
- Set a sauce pan on the stove filled with water till halfway to boil.
- Add the beeswax, coconut oil and almond oil to the mason jar.
- Once the pot of water is boiling, use your jar lifter to set the mason jar down so it’s sitting inside the boiling water. As the jar heats up, the ingredients inside the jar will melt. Use your chopstick to stir everything together.
- Once the mixture is clear and melted, use your jar lifter to remove it from the heat. Stir in the peppermint essential oil with your chopstick.
- Open all your containers and let it cool down a bit after removing it from the stove
- When you are able to hold the jar, pour the liquid lip balm evenly into the containers
- When the lip balm has cooled down, it will become hard.
And voila, your lip balm is ready to use.
If you are not into peppermint, you can make any kind of balm you like by subbing in your favorite essential oil, or leaving it out entirely.
Source – thekitchn.com, livesimply.me